Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kanye West Arrested After Fight At The Airport!!

Kanye West is known for his bad temper. He proved to everyone just how bad it can get today when he was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport. The reason; he apparently helped smash a paparazzi guys camera on the floor.

Police arrested him shortly before 8 a.m. He and his manager, Don Crowley, were booked for investigation of felony vandalism, although prosecutors will determine what charges they might face.

He was released from police custody later on in the afternoon. Blair Berk, who was retained as his attorney, said she couldn't comment on the incident. Really?? Who would of guessed that. Ha!

Clips of the video shot by the site TMZ shows Kanye and his manager grabbing the camera from a photographer, who is yelling "Police! Police!" and "Help me!" After they wrestle it away, it appears that the manager smashes the camera to the ground, and Kanye follows by smashing down another piece.

His manager is then seen wrestling with the TMZ videographer who's shooting the footage. The video camera was broken in the scuffle before security intervened, the Web site reported.

The video starts mid-confrontation, and doesn't show how it began or what might have caused it to escalate, but knowing how Kanye is, it could of been just them saying "Kanye! Over here!" or something like that. Then again TMZ is very aggressive in the ways they get there videos, it's the reason they have a TV show. Anyways, check out the video.

Los Angeles International Airport spokesman Marshall Lowe said Kanye and his manager were scheduled to board a flight to Honolulu, Hawaii this morning. They had not yet reached a security screening checkpoint when the altercation began.

The airport is a popular spot for the paparazzi, who frequently get a lot of shots of celebrities entering and leaving LA.

Charles Davis, who solicits charity donations at the airport, said he witnessed the incident, and that Kanye was "attacked" by paparazzi, and the rapper "just defended himself."

"I talk to him all the time," Davis said. "He's a very nice gentleman. Very nice. He gives good donations to help children. He's got a good, kind heart. I've gotten his autograph several times. I just don't see why he was arrested. The man just put the camera too close to his face. I don't blame him."

Davis said he didn't think the camera was destroyed.

"It was just knocked out of the man's hand," he said. Although the video clearly shows otherwise so who knows how reliable this witness is.

The reporter is also seeking money for the damaged camcorder reportedly valued at $10,000.

This video is a witness who supposedly saw the whole thing happen and called in a local radio station that was discussing the events.

No comments: