Wednesday, August 13, 2008

90210 Drama!!!

Some of the cast members of the new 90210 are reportedly upset that Tori Spelling won't be joining them this fall on set.

Photobucket


Rumor is that it's over her salary. A website claims that Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth are being paid $35,000-$50,000 per episode, while Tori would only be getting $10,000-$20,000.

“[The press thinks] we’re at war over salary with Tori. I didn’t know I was at war with Tori,” Garth said. “I’m really bummed because I love Tori and I was psyched Tori was going to be on the show. I think she should definitely get paid as much as either of us is getting paid. Her father created the show. It just seems wrong if that’s the case. I don’t know what really happened because I haven’t talked to her. I would like to talk to her.” Doherty adds that she isn’t believing the internet report, “They didn’t even get the numbers right, so I don’t know if it’s about the money either.” Whatever the case, Garth hopes the door isn’t closed on Donna Martin’s return: “I’ll try to butt my head in whenever I can and tell people what I think about it.”

When asked for a comment about Spelling’s discussions with the network, a CW spokesman said simply, "The CW has no deal with Tori Spelling to appear on 90210 at this time."

I can see why Tori would not play her role if the salaries reported are correct. Why would she want to be getting paid less? I know Brenda and Kelly's roles were by far more popular, but still her dad created the show. If it wasn't for him this revival would never be happening because there would be no 90210. Then again with him gone, I guess they don't really care too much about pleasing her anymore.

Either way I'm still looking forward to checking it out. This was my favorite show growing up. Hopefully they won't screw it up.

No comments: