Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jodi Sweetin Goes From Meth Addict To Mother

Photobucket


As a young kid I used to spend Friday nights watching Full House. To this day when I happen to come across it on t.v. it brings back good memories. So when I saw that Jodie Sweetin aka Stephanie Tanner had a baby girl it made me feel good.

She has a 7 week old baby girl named Zoie. In People's new issue she is the cover story talking about all her struggles she went through as a child star.

"You look at your baby and think, 'Wow, I did that.' It's really amazing," Sweetin says.

As Zoie happily snoozes on the shoulder of her dad, Sweetin's husband of 10 months Cody Herpin, the marveling mother says, "I'm still like, 'Oh, wow, I'm a mom.' It's the most overwhelming, exciting thing I've ever done."

At 22, Sweetin was a college student married to LAPD officer Shaun Holguin and taking a break from acting when she first tried the drug crystal meth. Six months later, she had developed a crippling daily habit that she kept secret from her husband. That is, until in 2005, when she was hospitalized after a night of partying.

Sweetin and Holguin divorced after she left treatment, while she was spending six months in sober living with people from rehab. She met Herpin, a film transportation coordinator, through friends, and the couple began dating in May 2007 – and wed just two months later.

When their whirlwind romance was quickly followed by a pregnancy, says Sweetin, "it was a blessing."

Sounds like a quick change for her to be with this guy, but I guess it's meant to be. I'm happy to see that she has gotten her life back on track and is the happy person we all used to know and love.

No comments: